Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Second day...

So I had the hardest time sleeping last night becasue it is like 1 in the afternoon for my body but midnight in Rome...I forced myself to sleep though and woke up late at 915 when I was suppose to be at JCU by 9! But, I forgot it was Rome and no one wears a watch. It ended up I was one of the first people there! I could get used to this!

I was just taken to my apartment on this busy street in trastevere. I have my own balcony to sit out on in the mornings and watch the italians go! As of now my roommates are not here and I don't know who they are. I am so excited though to meet all these foreign people at the university! This morning I met a Bolognese(a person not the pasta...although that does sound good right now), and a morroccan who speaks english, arabic, and french!

It's amazing becasue once italians know you speak italian they become a whole new person! It has happened on numerous occassions so far! I love this feeling of being a foreigner!

Well, I think I will unpack and get cofortable because today still I have to get my "pass to stay". I am a bit far from the University but the tram goes right to it and who doesn't want a nice walk in the streets of Rome!

Ciao Tutti!

Blake

1 comment: